I needed to make a quick dessert for a cookout gathering we had with our church and found a new recipe to try: Blonde Cheesecake Brownies (also known as Bayou Brownies from New Orleans). Simple and sinfully delicious.
Only Six Ingredients:
- 1 cup of chopped pecans
- 1/2 cup (one stick) butter, melted
- 3 large eggs (o.k., that’s really three but it is one category!)
- 1 package of Classic Butter Yellow Cake Mix (unprepared)
- 1 8 oz. package of cream cheese
- 2 1/2 cups powdered sugar
Only Ten Easy Steps:
- Preheat oven to 325. (This really shouldn’t count as a step, but you gotta do it!)
- Combine pecans, melted butter, 1 (of the 3) egg and cake mix with a fork.
- Stir until well blended. (that’s an easy step)
- Press this crust into the bottom of a lightly greased 9 x13 inch pan.
- Set aside. (oooo, this is even easier)
- Combine remaining 2 eggs with the softened cream cheese and powdered sugar.
- Beat at medium speed until smooth.
- Pour cream cheese mix over the crust (cake mix layer).
- Bake at 325 for 40 minutes or until the cheese mixture is set.
- THIS IS THE HARDEST STEP: Let it COMPLETELY cool in the pan on a wire rack before cutting and eating.
I cut this into 48 small bites because it is so rich. So delicious. Do you think this looks easy? Try it and let me know how it turned out for you. Did you serve it for a special occasion or just a quiet family dinner? (for a variety, I think I’ll try a chocolate cake mix, what do you think?)