I’m writing this days after the event. Nope, I didn’t write down what I did. Nope, my memory is not the best in the world. (which is one reason I’m trying green smoothies!) Here’s the best I can remember of the ingredients. (Next time I’ll write it down….and forget where I put the paper?)
Apple, avocado, grapes, banana, pineapple and kale. How does that sound? It tastes much better. Round two with my new toy.
As I learned from the demonstration by Ken Hiatt, the seed of the avocado is nutritional and can be thrown right in “as is.” How easy is that? (this I remember is true)
Going Green Again Smoothie
- green grapes-enough to cover the blades
- 1/2 red apple-quartered
- 1/2 avocado-peeled, seed included
- 1/2 banana-mine was frozen (I keep them in the freezer…well, duh, how else would it be frozen, Dea!)
- 1/2 of 1″ slice pineapple-core and peel (Ken said the core has some really great benefits, too)
- kale-large leaf
- (not sure, but I’m thinking I threw in a few dates to sweeten it a bit)
- ice-about a cup
Fill the container with the ingredients in order, set on smoothie and start. Watch, step back or walk away…it’s automatic. (6500 model)
If you try this and it does taste good, let me know. Oh, and if it doesn’t taste good, let me know that, too, so I can fix it.