In response to my question, “What’s your favorite soup?,” I got one answer. After I got over the fact that it wasn’t one of mine!!!! I decided to share Regina’s favorite soup from Olive Garden.
1 lb ground Italian sausage
1 1/2 tsp crushed red peppers
1 large diced white onion
4 Tbsp bacon pieces
2 tsp garlic, minced
10 cups water
5 chicken bouillon cubes
1 cup heavy cream
3 large potatoes, peeled and sliced
1/4 of a bunch of kale
1. Saute sausage and crushed red pepper in a large soup pot. Drain excess fat, refrigerate meat while you prepare other ingredients.
2. Now, saute bacon with onions and garlic in soup pot over low-medium heat for about 15 minutes or until the onions are soft.
3. Add chicken bouillon and water to pot and heat until it starts to boil.
4. Add sliced potatoes and cook until soft, about 1/2 hour.
5. Whisk in heavy cream and just cook until thoroughly heated.
6. Stir in the sausage and kale, heat through and serve.
And now you are family!