WORLD TRIP DAYS 43 & 44-Getting home!

Guess the news is out that I made it home….finally.  The day started with a bus ride from the steps of the university.  Good thing there was someone else waiting for the same bus or I’d have gotten on the wrong one!  The end of that ride was Senri Chuo where I needed to get a train.  A very nice lady helped me take my suitcases, buy the RIGHT ticket and I got to the train just in time.  I knew to get off at station 20, Namba.  From there I was to find the next train for the airport.  Not trusting my own skills, I asked the ticket man.  Good thing because I didn’t know just how far I had to walk nor what direction to go in.  I knew to look for the airport signs but I had a hard time finding the first one!!!  Then, victory…the right train.  It was a long ride but I did end at the airport.  Got checked in and waited.  From Osaka, I flew to Beijing.  Wish I knew someone there.  Layover for 5 hours.  No computer to work on.  Finished the book I was reading.  Exchanged the Japanese money I had left and bought a few things in a gift shop. Decided to try some food in China.  Sweet and sour mushrooms, eaten with chop sticks.  So glad for the restrooms there!  Clean, WESTERN style!!! While I waited for the boarding desk to open, a surveyor stopped and asked me to answer a few questions.  I was glad to talk with someone who almost spoke English!  That also helped pass the time.  Made the 12 hour flight with a little sleeping, got up and walked as often as possible.  Customs was a breeze.  Then a six hour layover in Los Angeles.  (After the fact, I learned that a friend of mine lives in LA!!!  Too late.)  I decided to get something to eat since there would be no food on the flight.  My first choice: Mexican!!!  It had been 6 weeks since I’d had any Mexican!  I got a delicious taco salad.  I was able to dig out my phone, charge it and call home!  It was 10PM at home, by my body time it was 11:00AM the next morning!  But I still had a 4 hour flight to Atlanta that would get me in at 7:00AM  After paying $60 to check my bags!!!! AAARRRGGGHHH on Delta, I made my way to boarding.  Flight was uneventful.  Caleb and his friend Daniel came to pick me up.  After a trip to the grocery store, we went home and they cooked a real, American breakfast for me!!  Hash browns and omelet….yummmm. Then, I waited for Tom and Melea to pick me up.   They got there around 11:30 and wanted to get something to eat!  Caleb and I were still full so we just went to visit.  Great fun, even though I had not had any real sleep since (body time) Monday morning (40 hours earlier).  When we got home I was determined to stay awake so I could go to sleep at the right time.  I went to the bank, checked my booth at the mill, visited businesses on the square, looked at flowers at Wal Mart.  I was able to stay awake.  Only problem was, I couldn’t go to sleep until about 4:00AM!!! Wednesday.  Jet lag is real!


About deairby

From a small Mississippi town and have lived my adult life in the south. I am the wife of Tom Irby since 1974, mother of 8, grandmother of 8, lover of Truth, previous owner of The Baron York Tea Room Cafe and Gift Shop (7 years), cookbook writer, moderator of the Small Business forum on Social Media Examiner, enjoy life and all the adventure God brings my way.
This entry was posted in World Travel and tagged , , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

Please share your thoughts

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )


Connecting to %s