I got your letter.
Thanks for the encouraging words. Funny you should write because I have been trying to prepare my message for you just in case you asked. I’ve been pondering, “What would I say if I were given the lectern to address you, World?”
How can I decide what my message should be?
Some people have said “look for your passion” and you will find YOUR story or message to the world. The question is almost like saying to a cook, “What is your specialty dish that you bring to a cover dish dinner?” Or, “What do you prepare for every special occasion?”
This thinking should focus me but it only fogs my mind. What is my passion, my specialty dish? What makes my heart race and blood rise?
Answering those questions isn’t simple. As I’ve reviewed my life and interests, I have found that I am passionate about a variety of things, whatever I am doing at the time! I cooked something different for every occasion!
- For three decades I had buns-in-the-oven (aka being pregnant), birthing, and rearing a total of eight children.
- I have been passionate about cooking up dramatic presentations in a way that makes the written word come alive to an audience and cast members realize their potential and see the blessings of such a ministry.
- I served up literal dishes when I owned a tea room business, creating an atmosphere for escape and refreshment, encouraging customers that life is worth living and they are special. I passionately share my favorite recipes and stories from this experience in a published cookbook.
- My mind stirs and simmers resulting in writing, blogging, and bringing the world into people’s homes allowing them to experience travel without leaving home.
- I have dished out encouragement through speaking and writing, sharing how God has been alive and active in my life and how He desires to be active in their lives.
- I boil with desire for people to be real, especially women who hide behind masks that suffocate them, living in fear that they may be exposed.
- I am passionate about family, immediate and extended, and desire for them all to reach their highest potential by using their God-given gifts. I celebrate with them on their victories and grieve with them in their defeat.
- I am currently discovering the recipe for a Real Estate career excited that the main ingredient is serving my clients.
The common thread of my passion, Dear World, is Truth and a desire for others to know a genuine, personal relationship with the living God. That is my motivator – the reason I live and breathe.
So, what dish do I offer to YOU, World?
Truth lived passionately.